Mayer Pavilion it’s an experimental project space in an apartment studio developed in response to the cultural spaces shutdowns and the challenging times of the lockdown.
It’s a space for art and active discourse, we produce, host, and collaborate on a range of formats such as exhibitions, performances, screenings, podcasts & residences. However, the project is based on an experimenting idea, not established or finalized, that was developed in response to the growing urge to reconnect artists and communities together.
How and Why?
Mayer Pavillon’s purpose is to create a space for artistic expression, conversation, and engagement. Through our various formats and by showcasing emerging artists from all around the world, we seek to establish a dialogue and cultural exchange within the neighborhood and the wider Berlin community.
As a result of the lockdowns, we have learned that reducing human contact for too long could adversely affect our culture, health, and development. Hence, we defined an artistic space as any space that allows expression, conversation, and engagement. A gallery or an apartment studio is just as valid space.
The name comes from Andreas Mayer which is the fake name that the founder Andrea Mineo used to get an apartment studio after eight months of unsuccessful searches and has been two times victim of discrimination from the housing market. Andrea eventually chooses to change his profile name into Andreas Mayer in all searching house platforms. In a week he received numerous invitations to view apartments and eventually got the one in Kreuzberg. Mayer has become a symbol of overcoming social obstacles through the use of creativity, humor, and inventiveness.
- Sa., 14. MaiMayer Pavilion‘Pleasure Me’ is a Yves Gore's performance that welcomes audiences of any gender and sexuality into participating in it as openly at their own level of comfort and tolerance. The participant can choose to interact with themselves, or with Yves Gore verbally or through touch
- Sa., 14. MaiMayer PavilionIt has been a wild and exciting ride of performance art for the past two decades for Frank Fu From "Welcome to the Bullshit and Boring Art World" to "In Memory of Contemporary Art" From crawling on my hands and knees like a dog at Venice Biennale to having public orgasmic art inside Centre Pompidou.
- Fr., 29. Apr.BerlinLucca is an experimental pop singer, songwriter and electronic music producer. Inspired by Berlin's music nightlife and a proper dose of Weltschmerz, she creates catchy melodies and dark soundscapes. Former artist in residency at ACUD Macht Neu and theater performer at BKA theater Berlin.
- Sa., 04. Dez.Eye SquareDay 2 of The Other Side Of Zeros And Ones at Eye Square. 40 artists in an attempt to unify Berlin art spaces during a 3-day opening. One exhibition to connect 3 project spaces. 3 days to experience interactive art, concerts, performances, ceremonies, group meditations and participatory dance forms.
- Fr., 03. Dez.BerlinDay 1 - Mayer Pavilion (limited event capacity) 40 artists in an attempt to unify Berlin art spaces during a 3-day opening. One exhibition to connect 3 project spaces. 3 days to experience interactive forms of art, concerts, performances, ceremonies, group meditations and participatory dance forms.